Thursday, October 8, 2009

101 Things to do in 1001 Days

The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).


Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Official Start: October 9, 2009
Finish: July 6, 2012


Coding Key:
To be done
In progress
Completed


For Myself
1. Create a budget and stick to it.
2. Take a bubble bath at least once a month.

3. Buy myself a bouquet of flowers.
4. Actually drive further than Ottawa and its surrounding areas.

5. Get my hair dyed professionally.
6. Update my resume and keep it updated.
7. Save up enough money for a down payment on a house.
8. Stop complaining so much. Think of something positive instead.
9. Buy a car.
10. Save up to buy a bottle of Patron tequila.
11. Update my blog more often, including product reviews.



Healthy Lifestyle
12. Do Lafleche ziplining again (preferably not in the rain).
13. Take an AquaFit class.
14. Attend a yoga class at least once.

15. Floss weekly.
16. Use my elliptical once a week. (I joined a gym and go at leat once a week...does that count?) Sooo I Joined a Gym

17. Rollerblade at least twice a month for each Spring and Summer. 18. Learn to play golf.

Education and Learning
19. Learn how to speak French (better).
20. Learn how to drive a standard car.
21. Take a photography class.
22. Learn to sew up my clothes that have holes in them.


Cooking and Eating
23. Learn how to make my mom’s pasta sauce.
24. Learn how to make my dad’s penne arribiata.
25. Go through all my moms’ recipes and copy the ones I want.

26. Take a cooking class.
27. Try 25 new recipes. (2/25)

28. Host a dinner party and do all the cooking myself.
29. Bake something yummy to share with my colleagues.
30. Dress up fancy and go to a fancy restaurant, my treat.
31. Make and share a candlelit dinner with someone special.
32. Cook dinner for my parents.
33. Go to a Japanese restaurant where they cook the food in front of you.
34. Eat a Beavertail in the Summer.
35. Make homemade bread from scratch.
36. Have a cookie baking day with Cassandra.
37. Make my moms’ cinnamon apple and pumpkin muffins.
38. Catch a fish and then eat it.


Just for Fun
39. Go to an IMAX movie.
40. Beat someone smart at Trivial Pursuit.

41. Host a game night.
42. Go skinny-dipping.
43. Take my own pictures and hang them up at my place.
44. Go to Little Ray’s Reptiles.
45. Have a picnic in Gatineau.
46. See a movie at the drive-in theatre.
47. Plant my own garden (mint, coriander, chives).
48. Ride Behemoth at Wonderland.
49. Make a whole batch of wine for myself.
50. Go to an Ottawa Senators game.

51. Go drunken tobogganing.
52. Go to Saunders Haunted Farm.
53. See a Cirque du Soleil show.
54. Watch every movie that people say “I can’t believe you haven’t seen that!”
55. Go to the Nordik Spa.
56. Wear my Louboutins somewhere other than my house.
57. Go to the Rideau Carleton Raceway and bet on the horse with the best name.
58. Attend the Ottawa Wine and Food show.
59. Go to the Butterfly exhibit at Carleton.
60. Read all the books I own.

61. Watch all Oscar nominated best picture awards for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
62. See Dane Cook again.
63. Build a snowman.
64. Spend a day at the beach.
65. Jump in puddles like I used to do all the time when I was younger.
66. Take a fun dance class, like belly dancing.
67. Participate in HOPE Beach Volleyball.
68. Go to the water park near Ottawa when it opens.

69. Ride a mechanical bull and try to stay on for longer than 5 seconds.
70. Go to Wonderland's Halloween Haunt.
71. Go snow tubing.

Travel

72. Go on a vineyard/wine tasting tour at Niagara on the Lake.
73. Go to New York City.
74. Attend the Calgary Stampede.
75. Travel somewhere, warm, sunny and all-inclusive.
76. Go whale watching.
77. Visit Emily in Nova Scotia with Robyn.
75. Visit my Nona and my relatives from Sudbury at least once a year.


For Others
79. Donate old textbooks to a library.
80. Donate a toy to Toy Mountain.
81. Buy my mom flowers just because.
82. Sponsor a child from World Vision.
83. Visit my grandparents just because 3 times a year. (2010 - 1/3)


Tourist in Ottawa
84. Skate on the canal.
85. Go on Ottawa’s haunted walk.
86. Go to the Tulip Festival.
87. Go to at least one concert at Bluesfest.
88. Visit Parliament and Peace Tower.
89. Go on the Wakefield Steam Train.
90. See the ice and snow sculptures at Winterlude.
91. Take a walk downtown when all the Christmas lights are lit up.

92. Take a tour on the Lady Dive Amphibus.

Organization
93. Organize stuff for moving and get rid of any crap I don't need and don't use.

94. Go through my filing cabinet and organize it.
95. Go through all my music files and get rid of songs I never listen to.
96. Organize my closet, shoes, clothes, purses, and all.
97. Organize my shot glass collection and showcase them nicely.

98. Organize my jewelry.

List Goals
99. Document completed items in my blog.
100. Have a party to celebrate my 101 accomplishments.
101. Donate $2 to a charity for every task not completed.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it Val!! This is an amazing list of things to do! Totally inspiring! And it makes me smile that I'm included on the list! YAY! We are going to do it! :) I am here to encourage through all the rest too! Hmm might have to start my own list...I love the whole idea of writing out your goals and having them in print so you are held accountable for them! good luck with your 101 - enjoy each moment and take pride in checking them off the list!

    ReplyDelete